Project Update: September 22
Starting next Monday, September 25, the intersection of Eastman Park Dr. and CO 257 will be open to all four directions of traffic, weather permitting. The new intersection layout includes safety and functionality improvements such as:
- Intersection widening and islands moved further apart to give trucks room to turn.
- Improved traffic signal coordination and timing.
- Railroad track crossing, signal and gate improvements.
- New sidewalks and ADA ramps.
- Designated bike lanes on Eastman Park Dr.
- Median from the Eastman Park Dr. & Water Valley Pkwy./Cornerstone Dr. roundabout to State Hwy. 257.
While we are excited to announce the reopening of the Eastman Park Dr. & CO 257 intersection, we do, however, want to make you aware of a traffic pattern change at Automation Dr. and Eastman Park Dr. The intersection will become a right-in, right-out only which means commuters will no longer be able to turn left onto Automation Dr. from Eastman Park Dr. and vice versa. Bollard posts will be installed to restrict the turning movement. Residents will still have access to businesses in the area using Commons Dr.
After the intersection reopens, there will still be crews completing construction along the shoulders and sidewalk working on pedestrian connectivity. The temporary shoofly detour will also be demolished and the area will be seeded, graded and cleaned up.
CDOT is still completing roadway improvements and bridge repairs from south of Crossroads Blvd. to north of US 34 in Greeley. For updates on their CO 257 resurfacing project, visit codot.gov/projects/co257us34walnut. To receive CDOT traffic alert notifications, text 257 to 866-762-3640.